Auto expert review of the UK’s leading service,
Mobile Mechanic Services Near Me
Car servicing & repair carried out at home or work
ClickMechanic mobile mechanic
ClickMechanic mobile car servicing, MOT and repair remain relatively new in the UK. The company was established less than 10 years ago, and motorists may prefer to visit a local workshop. Having said that, ClickMechanic has over 4,000 verified reviews with Trustpilot and score 9.4 out of 10.
Get an online mobile mechanic quote
Your key benefits of a mobile mechanic are the convenience, quick repairs (next day) and surprisingly, low prices. An online quote is based on location. If you live in London the local industry rate may be more expensive than if you live in Newcastle. The approach means lower than average prices rather than some broad industry standard hourly rate.
The three parts to an online quote:
- Local hourly rate
= Final price
- Online quote includes mechanic call out
- Online quote includes VAT
- Do not pay until the work is carried out
- 12 Month parts and labour warranty included
- Vetted, qualified mechanics (many of which are ex-franchised dealer technicians)
- Around 50% less expensive than franchised dealer prices
In the mind of a UK motorist
If I take my dealer hat off for a moment and slip into the shoes of a regular car owner, it is good news that I can observe car servicing or repairs as they are carried out.
I don’t know about you, but I find it slightly unnerving to drop a car off, collect it five hours later just to be told what was fixed and then pay the invoice.
It’s fine when tyres, exhaust or car battery are replaced as I can see the new parts. Not so great if it’s an oil filter, anti-roll bar bushes, CV joint or some other car part (often serviceable car parts) that I can’t really identify without a toolkit.
Have items really been replaced and new parts fitted?
If you trust the workshop, then the answer is probably yes. If so, I doubt you are reading this article anyhow.
I like that I can watch my car being serviced and repaired if I choose to do so.
Use this link to book a mechanic near me
Limitations of a mobile service
What parts be replaced or repaired with a mobile mechanic?
Service items are those parts that you expect to change as part of an annual service or maintenance schedule. Parts include:
- Filters (oil/air/pollen)
- Oils (engine/gearbox)
Book an MOT with ClickMechanic who will collect your car on the day, drive to their local MOT station and carry out an MOT test.
If your car passes or has advisory items, it will be driven back to you within a few hours of being tested with a 12-month MOT. Sorted.
If there are failed items, the MOT tester will call and notify you of the required parts and ask for authorisation to make repairs. In most cases, your car will be back the same day.
(Upon booking a mobile MOT test, always book an early morning slot (8am-11am) to ensure your car is returned in roadworthy condition on the same day)
If you have an undiagnosed fault but have roadside assistance like the AA or the RAC, use this service first (provided you have home cover). Have your roadside breakdown assistant diagnose the fault and provide you with likely repair costs.
With your mechanical diagnosis to hand, book a near me mobile mechanic to come and make the repair.
If you do not have breakdown recovery a mobile mechanic can diagnose at your home or workplace. Technicians carry full diagnostic kits for most makes and models of car. In some circumstance, your vehicle will need to be moved to a workshop for additional tests as some mobile diagnostic kits have limitations (much depends on the type of fault).
If you already know the fault book a mechanic online and notify them of what needs replacing. This is a good service as you are clear on the exact amount payable and when it will be fixed.
Pretty much all mechanical items can be replaced at your chosen location. Here are just a few:
- Water pump
- Coolant systems
- Engine Gaskets
- Sensors (lambda, crankshaft etc)
- Dashboard warning light issues
Once you have tried this mobile mechanic service the odds are that you’ll use it for many years. The main obstacle is getting to grips with the online booking process but if you are handy on a computer it is straightforward enough.
If you looking for information on the history of a car take a look at my complete used car history check guides that discuss all aspects concerning the background of a used car.
Used Car Guy
Ever had an unanswered question about the history of your car? Wanted to find some missing service records and get a bit more data on car ownership? The links below categorise uncovering the history of any car registered within the UK from new
- Full car check – Now you can run a history check on a car for free and you only need a car reg for an instantly downloadable report. My article walks you through this simple process and discusses what’s on offer
- Hpi check review – Most have heard of hpi as the oldest car history service in the UK. You can find out some pretty cool detail about your car and hpi have slashed prices by 50% in recent years
- DVLA mot history – I can feel myself dripping at the mouth with all of the free data offered by the DVLA website. Again, you only need a car reg to get tonnes of juice on car background
- Check car service history – This particular article has gotten some great feedback and helped some motorists find lost service records and uncover some unknown facts about their car
- Check owner of car – You buy a one owner car only to find out it was one previous owner. That makes you the third owner and when you come to sell up the new owner will be the forth? Confused? You are not alone.
See my guide where it’s all revealed